You can perform additional functions for your Oracle database with BR*Tools.
· BRTOOLS normally calls the SAP tool BRCONNECT. You can also perform these functions directly by calling BRCONNECT from the command line.
We recommend you to normally use BRTOOLS rather than BRCONNECT. This is because the BRTOOLS menus simplify entry of the correct parameters.
· Make sure that you have set the necessary parameters for BRCONNECT in the Initialization Profile init<DBSID>.sap.
You can perform the following additional functions with BR*Tools:
· Show profiles and logs
· Clean up DBA logs and tables
· Adapt NEXT extents
· Change password of SAP user
· Create or change synonyms for DBA tables
1. You choose the required function in BRTOOLS and check the displayed parameters, changing them as required.
The default parameter values, which are set in the initialization profile init<DBSID>.sap, are as follows:
Ў Clean up DBA logs that are older than 30 days
Ў Clean up records in DBA tables that are older than 100 days
Ў Adapt NEXT extents for all tables and indexes
2. If required, you change the default values for the function parameters in the initialization profile init<DBSID>.sapand restart BRTOOLS.
3. If required, you choose Additional functions ® Reset program status to set the defaults used to the values in the initialization profile init<DBSID>.sap. For certain input values, there is no corresponding parameter in the initialization profile, in which case the default value from the BRTOOLS program is used.
4. You start processing.
5. You check the results in the BRCONNECT logs.