The detail log file contains information about the actions that were performed during the restore process.
· Displays the relevant parameters of initialization profile init<DBSID>.sap that were set during the BRRESTORE run.
· Restore flow. You can precisely monitor which backup was used to restore the files, which volumes were mounted, etc.
· #FILE: Indicates the full path and the name of the restored file.
· #NDBF: Indicates the full path and the name of the restored non-database file.
· #DIR: Indicates the full name of the restored directory.
· #ARCHIVE: Indicates the full path and the name of the restored archived redo log file.
· #RESTORED: This item varies depending on which backup medium was used to restore the file:
– Restore from tape
#RESTORED Name of the file on tape, volume name / file position as it was saved on the tape
– Restore from disk
#RESTORED Complete name of the file on disk, as it was saved, and the symbolic volume name and file position
– Restore using an external backup program
#RESTORED Backup ID returned by the external backup program when the file was backed up
Using the option -o dist|time to start BRRESTORE causes the detail log to be supplemented. The information about the distribution of files on the volumes (if you use -o dist) refers to the time when the files were saved. See Log Supplements and -o|-output. The details of the restore times (-o time) refer to the restore process.