This section describes the information contained in a detail log (a<encoded timestamp>.<ext>, see Names of the BRBACKUP Detail Logs).
The detail log file contains information about the status of the Oracle database at the time of the backup, and about the actions that were performed in the course of the backup.
· Displays the relevant parameters of initialization profile init<DBSID>.sap that were set during the BRBACKUP run.
· Information on Oracle archiving before starting BRBACKUP: Database mode (ARCHIVELOG, NOARCHIVELOG), status of the archiving process (enabled, disabled), archiving directory, oldest log sequence number of the online redo log files, next redo log files for archiving by Oracle, log sequence number of the current online redo log files, start SCN (system change number) of the current online redo log files
· Listing of data files of the tablespaces, the redo log files, and the control files:
– Tablespaces and data files:
Tablespace name, Oracle tablespace status ('*' means: data tablespace), Oracle file status, file name, file size, Oracle file ID, disk volume ID, link directory at subdirectory level (usually for subdirectory <tablespace name>_<file number>) or key word NOLINK, when no soft links were defined, file type FILE | RAW, maximum file size, file incremental size, and tablespace block size
– Online redo log files:
File name, file size, redo log group number, disk volume ID, Oracle file status, link directory or key word NOLINK when no soft links were defined, file type FILE | RAW
– Control files:
File name, file size, 0 (default for file ID), disk volume ID, link directory or key word NOLINK when no soft links were defined, file type FILE | RAW
· Listing of non-database files, if non-database files were saved:
Disk volume ID, file size, file name
· Listing of directories and their contents, if directories were saved using this option:
Directory name, disk volume ID, file category (file - file, link - soft link, pipe - named pipe, dir - directory, spec - special file), file size, file name
· The backup flow.
This information indicates which database file, non-database file, or directory, or which profile and log were saved and where.
· #FILE The data file name as it appears in the control file. If compress = only is used, the compression rate is also displayed.
· #NDBF Name of a non-database file.
· #DIR Name of a directory.
· #ARCHIVE Name of the offline redo log files (only for backup_type=online_cons)
· #PFLOG Name of the relevant profile/log (only when archiving with BACKINT).
· #SAVED This entry differs depending on the type of backup:
– Backup on tape
#SAVED file name, name of tape, position of the file on the tape, compression rate and the size of the compressed file (if compressed) or save set key (if RMAN backup)
– Backup on disk
#SAVED file name, symbolic volume name and file position (only important for BRRESTORE), compression rate and the size of the compressed file (only if compressed)
– Backup using an external backup program
#SAVED Backup ID returned by the external backup program
This is followed by an archive log list that is created (and possibly updated) after the backup, as well as several closing messages.