Every detail log contains a name with the following format:
The first characters indicate the encoded time the backup was performed (action ID). The extension (function ID) indicates the type of backup.
Possible values for x:
· a: Whole database was backed up (backup_mode = all|all_data).
· p: One or more tablespaces or files were backed up (that is, partial backup).
· f: Full (level 0) database backup (backup_mode = full)
· i: Incremental (level 1) database backup (back_mode = incr)
Possible values for y:
· n: The backup was performed online (backup_type = online|online_cons|online_split|online_mirror).
· f: The backup was performed offline (backup_type = offline|offline_force|offline_standby|offline_split|offline_mirror|offline_stop).
Possible values for z (specification of backup devices):
· t: Tape device (backup_dev_type = tape|tape_auto|tape_box).
· d: Local disk (backup_device_type = disk|disk_copy|disk_standby).
· p: Tape device on a remote system (backup_device_type = pipe|pipe_auto|pipe_box)
· f: External backup program used; backup performed file by file (backup_device_type = util_file|util_file_online).
· s: Remote disk (backup_dev_type = stage|stage_copy|stage_standby)
· r: Backup with rman (backup_dev_type = rman_util|rman_disk|rman_stage)
Other function IDs:
· tib: One of the BRBACKUP options -i, -i forceor -i show was used to initialize a volume or display the information in the label.
· qub: One of the BRBACKUP options -q or -q check|split was used to display which volumes are to be used for the backup, or to make sure that these volumes were actually mounted; no backup was started.
· cmb: The BRBACKUP option -k onlywas used to only perform a software compression, but no backup was started. This can be used to determine the current compression rate of all files.
· dbv: The BRBACKUP option -w only_dbv was used to verify the internal database block structure with DBVERIFY, but no backup was started.
· rmp: The BRBACKUP option -d rman_prep was used to prepare for backup with the Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), but no backup was started.
· ddb: The BRBACKUP option -db was used to delete a disk backup, but no backup was started.