This BRRESTORE command option defines the files to be restored.
Default value: all
Specify the objects you want to restore with BRRESTORE:
· all: The files in all tablespaces, but not the control files and online redo log files.
· all_data: The files in all tablespaces which are not pure index tablespaces.
· full: A complete backup, including any non-database files, directories, control files, online redo log files (complete offline backup) and offline redo log files (consistent online backup). The corresponding mirror copies of the control files and online redo log files are recreated.
· incr: Restore an incremental backup with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN). See RMAN Restore of Incremental Backups.
· incr_only: Restore changes to all files that were in the database at the time of the last full backup. See "Restoring Incremental Backups with Structural Changes" in RMAN-Relevant Profile Parameters.
· incr_full: Restore files that have been added to the database since the last full backup. See "Restoring Incremental Backups with Structural Changes" in RMAN-Relevant Profile Parameters.
· incr_all: like incr plus all redo log, control, non-database files and directories, if any
· <tablespace>: The files of this tablespace.
· <file_ID>: Data file with the specified Oracle file ID. Control files have the file ID 0. Online redo log files have the file ID 0<n>, <n> is the redo log group number. To address all the online redo log files, use file ID 00. Temporary files are identified by negative numbers.
· <file_ID1>-<file_ID2>: The files specified by the file ID interval.
· <generic_path>: Enter a complete path to restore the required database file, non-database file, or directory. Specify a generic path to restore all the database data files whose name starts with that path. In this case, the path must contain at least the SAPDATA_HOME directory and an additional generic specification (for example, sapdata<n>) in the path.
If the generic path is a directory, you can also restore one or more file(s) from this directory by additionally specifying one or more file names:
· <rest_dest>: The restore directory to which the requested files will be restored. If no directory is specified, the original directory from the backup log is selected. See also new_db_home. If you specify “==” this redirects all restored files.
· <object list>: You can specify a list of tablespaces or files, or combine the key words all with an object list. When possible, always restore database files and non-database files in separate runs. The individual objects are separated by commas. Do not use blanks to separate the objects.
· archive_logs: The offline redo log files of a consistent BRBACKUP online backup (backup_type=online_cons).
· partial: Restore all files from a partial backup without explicitly specifying them.
· non_db: Restore all non-database files and directories from a backup without explicitly specifying them.
Parameters in init<DBSID>.sap: backup_mode.