This BRRESTORE command option defines the restore device type.
Default value: tape
Depending on which backup you want to restore from, you can use this option to specify the backup media that was used.
· disk: Local disk.
· tape: Local tape device.
· pipe: Tape device of a remote system (UNIX only).
· stage: Remote disk.
· tape_auto or pipe_auto: Prompts for changing the tape will be suppressed. This is only useful when you use a tape device with automatic tape changing.
· tape_box or pipe_box: Jukeboxes or autoloader tape devices which can be addressed locally or remotely.
· util_file: Use this option when you performed the backup file by file, using external backup programs. If a parameter file is required, specify its name in profile parameter util_par_file or with the option -r.
· rman_util|rman_disk|rman_stage|rman: Restoring with Oracle Recover Manager (RMAN) and an external backup tool. See RMAN Backup with an External Backup Library. You can use rman as a replacement for the parameters rman_util, rman_disk, or rman_stage when restoring data files.
Parameters in init<DBSID>.sap: backup_dev_type.