This BRARCHIVE command option defines the backup device type.
Default value: tape
The following backup media are supported:
· tape: Local tape device.
Always archive offline redo log files finally to tape, if possible twice.
· disk: Local disk. Normally only use the option for archiving to disk in exceptional cases, such as two-step archiving. See archive_copy_dir.
· stage: Remote disk.
· pipe: Archiving on a tape device of a remote system (UNIX only).
· tape_auto or pipe_auto: The BRARCHIVE program generally only uses one tape for archiving (exception: archiving with -ss or -ssd). No continuation tapes are created. Therefore, specifying tape_auto or pipe_auto has no effect.
· tape_boxor pipe_box: Jukeboxes or autoloader tape devices which can be addressed locally or remotely. See Backup with Automatic Tape Changers.
· util_file: Archiving with BACKINT – see the corresponding option in -d|-device.
· rman_util|rman_disk|rman_stage: Archiving with Oracle Recover Manager (RMAN) and an external backup tool. See RMAN Backup with an External Backup Library.
Parameters in init<DBSID>.sap: backup_dev_type