This BRBACKUP command option sets query mode.
Input syntax: -q|-query [check|split]
Default value: The backup is started.
When you select the -qoption, you find out which volumes (e.g. tapes) must be mounted for the backup process. In this case, backup is not started. Before you start a backup request with CRON, you should use this option to find out which volumes are required.
· check: You can check whether the proper volumes have really been mounted in the backup devices. The backup is not started.
The preparation for an unattended backup to tapes could be performed as follows:
– brbackup -q check to query the required tapes.
– Mount the required tapes in the tape devices.
– Enter cont to start the check of the mounted tapes.
Once you have made these preparations, you can start an unattended backup on the same day, since you have already checked the validity of the tapes.
· split: You can use this option to split the disks. The database is stopped and the tablespaces are placed in backup status, with the result that the split is consistent.