Each archiving object archives specific tables as set in the definition of the archiving object in transaction AOBJ. If you do not know which tables are archived using which archiving object or vice versa, you can use this procedure to determine:
· The archiving object that archives a particular table
· Which archiving objects can be used to archive the tables in question
There are number of export, filter, and search functions that you can use here. For more information about the SAP List Viewer (ALV) functions available here, see SAP List Viewer (ALV) Grid Control (BC-SRV-ALV)
Choose Administration ® CCMS ® DB Administration ® Data Archiving (transaction DB15).Alternatively, go to transaction SARA and choose Database Tables.
The Tables and Archiving Objects screen appears with the cursor in the lower section of the screen in the area Tables from which data is archived.
1. To display the tables archived by a particular archiving object, enter the archiving object in the Tables in objectfield and choose Enter.
By default, only the tables from which data is deleted after archiving are displayed. To display all tables processed by the archiving object, choose All Tables.
2. To display all the archiving objects for one of the tables listed, choose a table and then Show objects.
The list of archiving objects appears in the upper part of the screen.
1. Choose Archiving Objects.
2. To display the archiving objects that archive a specific table, enter the table in the Objects for table field and choose Enter.
In addition to transparent tables, you can also enter pool and cluster tables. DB15 determines the transparent tables for the pool or cluster table.
3. To display all the tables for one of the archiving objects listed, choose an archiving object and then Show tables.
The list of tables appears in the lower part of the screen.
DB15 does not output archiving objects that:
· Only read data and do not delete it from the table
· Archive data from the table indirectly using a view or a structure