This process describes how you read archived data during XML archiving. This procedure differs from the procedure for Reading Archived Data in ADK-based archiving in several ways.
· The resources to be read are accessible from the XML Data Archiving Service.
· There is at least one read program for the archiving object used.
· You are in the Archive Administration: Initial Screen (transaction SARA). You have entered the name of the XML archiving object in the Object Name field.
1. Choose Read.
The screen Archive Management: Run Read Program appears.
2. In XML-based archiving it is only possible to read resources in dialog mode. Therefore, Dialog is the default value in the field Background/Dialog and cannot be changed.
3. In the Read Program field, select a read program and choose Execute.
An archiving-object-specific selection screen appears, which can have different selection fields depending on the application. For more information, refer to the documentation on the specific archiving object.
4. Enter your selections and choose Execute.
For some XML archiving objects the procedure ends at this point.
For others you must continue with the following step:
A dialog screen appears in which you can select the data to be read.
5. Choose the collection or collections from which you wish to read resources.
In XML-based archiving the data to be read is selected via collections that are listed in the column archive path. It is possible for one collection to contain resources from several archiving sessions. If this is the case the column Archiving Session Note will contain the last archiving session executed. The other archiving sessions in the same collection are not visible on this selection screen, but they would be selected as part of the collection. This situation, however, is an exception.
Confirm your selection by choosing Continue.
Alternatively it is always possible to schedule read programs outside archive administration to run in the background.
You have chosen a read program and executed it for a particular resource, which you selected via selection criteria and a collection.
The results are displayed differently for different read programs, but will usually be presented as a list.