Continuing an Interrupted Archiving Session
You can use this function to continue archiving sessions that you interrupted earlier.
The delete jobs have been run for the archive files in the archiving sessions that was interrupted (the archiving session has the status completed).
- You are in the Archive Administration: Initial Screen (transaction SARA). You have entered the name of the archiving object in the Object Name field.
Alternatively, you can continue an archiving session from archive management. Choose Goto ® Continue.
Choose Goto ® Continue.
Select the archiving session(s) to be continued.
You have the following options:
- All interrupted archiving sessions for all interruptible archiving objects
- All interrupted archiving sessions for the specified archiving object
- Specific archiving sessions that you can select in Archive Selection
The selection of the archiving sessions is always cross-client if the archiving objects used are cross-client.
- Once you have maintained the Start Time and Spool Parameters, schedule the continuation job by choosing Execute.
The archiving session is continued at the specified time – that is, the data objects that still have to be archived (in accordance with your selection criteria) are written to archive files.
Interrupting and Continuing Archiving SessionsExplicitly Interrupting an Archiving SessionImplicitly Interrupting an Archiving Session