Define application log objects
Call the maintenance transaction with Tools ® ABAP/4 Workbench ® Development ® Other tools ® Application log
Choose New entries. An empty input area is displayed.
Enter an object name according to the naming convention:
- first character "Y" or "Z"
- second and third character: application ID (e.g. FI)
- fourth position, any character
Enter a descriptive short text.
Save your entries.
If you want to define sub-objects:
- Choose the line with the object.
- Choose Table view ® Other view. A structure overview is displayed for selection.
- Position the cursor on "Sub-objects", and choose Choose. The sub-object display window for the chosen object is displayed.
- Choose New entries.
- Enter a sub-object name (beginning with "Y" or "Z") and a descriptive short text.
- Save your entries.
If several systems are being used, the object data must be transported. Sub-object data are not automatically transported with the object. They must each be entered separately in a change request.