Error Handling in ABAP
There are different causes for ABAP errors, depending on the program. Causes include:
- Incorrect or incomplete entries in the RFC destination (transaction SM59)
Check the following:
- Check all the entries made in transaction SM59. Do all the entries match the settings of the target system?
- Is the hostname correct?
- Is the service/system number correct?
- Is the user/password set correctly?
- Is the target system active?
- Did you save the destination?
- Make sure that the target machine can be addressed by the host on which the gateway process is running.
- Check that the gateway processes are running on both systems.
- Check the network connection.