You must have completed the required steps in Extending an IDoc Type .
It can occur that you want to fill table fields which already have an equivalent in the basic type but which are not supplied in the standard system. You therefore do not need to extend the basic type, but rather only the function module that supplies the application fields. In this case, skip the procedure.
1. Choose SAP menu ® Tools ® IDoc Interface/ALE ® Development ® IDoc ® Generate ALE Interface ® IDoc Types (WE30). The IDoc type editor is displayed.
2. If you have not already done so, create a transport request for your development objects (extension segments, extension, function exit and so on). You can access the Workbench Organizer from the editor by selecting Requests (Organizer). From there, select Request ® Create and reply to the questions which appear on screen. By selecting you can return to the IDoc type editor.
3. Name your extension in accordance with the customer namespace and choose Extension as the development object. Choose .
The name of your extension should be no more than 8 characters if you wish to use the extension to communicate with partners who are using SAP Releases prior to 4.0. You can only use extension names with more than 8 characters from Release 4.0 onwards.
4. Choose one of the following options:
Create New: Create the extension without a reference.
· Create copy,which you can then change if necessary
· Create as successor: Note that only one successor is allowed per release for each extension.
5. Select the basic type which is to be combined with your extension. Confirm your entries.
The basic type is displayed as a tree structure. See the color legend (Utilities ® Color legend).
6. Position the cursor on the segment where you wish to append the extension segments (the reference segment). Choose . You must now assign attributes for these child segments:
· Mandatory segment (indicator): Must data be written to this segment in the IDoc?
· Maximum and minimum frequency of use: How often may/must a segment occur in the IDoc?
7. You can add further children or “grandchildren” to this or any other reference segment in the basic type.
8. When the new extension is complete, you can save your entry.
You should keep the following factors in mind when dealing with extensions:
· Segments must not explicitly occur more than once in the IDoc type - this means that the extension cannot have any segments which already exist in the basic type. This also means that a successor must not have any segments which already exist in the predecessor.
· Parent segments of predecessors must remain parent segments in the case of successors.
· Extension segments cannot be created from reference segments using the Cut and Paste functions and vice versa.
In the example call your extension Z1ORDERS. Append Z1TEST1 child segment to E1EDP19reference segment in ORDERS01 basic type. The child segment can be used only once.