Due to the increasing componentization and openness of SAP, logical systems must be able to communicate with each other beyond the boundaries of ALE-integrated systems, for example, in central user administration. Logical systems must therefore have unique names, even outside the ALE system group.
As of SAP Release 4.5A, SAP provides a tool to automatically convert the names of logical systems in all application tables, master data tables, and control data tables.
As of SAP Release 4.6C this tool is integrated in the client copy.
This includes both client-specific and cross-client tables.
· You must not under any circumstances convert logical system names in a production system.
· Conversion of logical system names can result in inconsistencies in the dataset and should only be carried out in exceptional cases and after data has been saved to the database.
· Never change the logical system name manually in the relevant tables.
· IDocs that have not yet been processed must be processed before you start the conversion because these IDocs may contain names of logical systems.
· No other activities can be carried out in the system while the conversion program is running.
· The conversion must be carried out in all partner systems. Conversion is carried out in the current client, that is, for all client-specific and cross-client table entries.
Users of this program must have the authorization object B_ALE_SYS in their user profile.
SAP recommends that only the ALE system administrator is given this authorization.
To carry out the conversion, start Transaction BDLS.
The default name displayed is the old logical system name.
Enter the new name of the logical system.
You can simulate the conversion in the report test mode. Here only the affected tables and the number of table entries to be converted are displayed. The table entries in the database are not converted. You can evaluate the results and assess the runtime.
The report performs the following steps:
1. Determines all the active, transparent database tables whose fields have references to the following domains:
2. Converts the field values to the new logical system names
3. Updates the database
The changed table contents are not transported.
When EDI tables are converted, the report also determines the table fields containing the value LS (logical system).for the partner type. The corresponding logical system names are converted.
If the new logical system name is maintained in table TBDLS in the local SAP system (where the names are being converted), no conversion takes place. You must assume that the new logical system name is already being used (for example in the ALE distribution model).
For more details on extended functions with NetWeaver 6.20 and later releases, see: