This section looks at database administration for the MaxDB database and makes specific recommendations on improving availability.
1. You work out your approach to backing up your MaxDB database. You must do this before you start production with the database. When using the database for production, you must back up the database as regularly as possible.
Refer to Backup with MaxDB.
2. You manage the space in your MaxDB database. You do this both before you start production with the database and during production as the database grows.
Refer to Space Management with MaxDB.
3. You upgrade your database when required.
Refer to Upgrade with MaxDB.
4. You recover your database if a failure occurs with data loss.
Refer to Recovery with MaxDB.
5. You consider using various tools and services offered as standard by SAP to increase the availability of your database:
Ў SAP Safeguarding, including GoingLive and EarlyWatch
6. You consider using advanced products and services to increase the availability of your database:
7. You review your procedures to increase the availability of your database. Refer to Procedures at Your Site for High Availability.
Your MaxDB database is more available for production use.
Concepts of the Database System, Administration