This section looks at database administration for the DB2 UDB for iSeries and makes specific recommendations on improving availability.
1. You work out your approach to backing up your database. You must do this before you start production with the database.
For more information, see Backup and Recovery.
2. When using the database for production, you must back up the database as regularly as possible. For more information, see:
3. You recover your database if a failure occurs with data loss. For more information see, Procedures for Restoring and Recovering Objects.
4. You consider using various tools and services offered as standard by SAP to increase the availability of your database such as:
Ў SAP Safeguarding, including GoingLive and EarlyWatch
5. You review your procedures to increase the availability of your database. For more information, see Procedures at Your Site for High Availability.
Your DB2 UDB for iSeries is more available for production use.