This section looks at database administration for the IBM DB2 Universal Database for z/OS – abbreviated to DB2 UDB for z/OS – and makes specific recommendations on improving availability.
1. You work out your approach to backing up your database. You must do this before you start production with the database. When using the database for production, you must back up the database as regularly as possible.
Refer to Backup with DB2 UDB for z/OS.
2. You manage the space in your database. You do this both before you start production with the database and during production as the database grows.
Refer to Space Management with DB2 UDB for z/OS.
3. You upgrade your database when required.
Refer to Upgrade with DB2 UDB for z/OS.
4. You recover your database if a failure occurs with data loss.
Refer to Recovery with DB2 UDB for z/OS.
5. You consider using various tools and services offered as standard by SAP to increase the availability of your database:
Ў SAP Safeguarding, including GoingLive and EarlyWatch
6. You consider using advanced products and services to increase the availability of your database:
7. You review your procedures to increase the availability of your database. Refer to Procedures at Your Site for High Availability.
Your DB2 UDB for z/OS database is more available for production use.