This section looks at database administration for the Informix database and makes specific recommendations on improving availability. Wherever possible, SAP recommends you to use SAPDBA, which is the tool specially designed for administering your database.
You can find more information on Informix with the SAP system on SAP Service Marketplace at:
1. You work out your approach to backing up your database. You must do this before you start production with the database. When using the database for production, you must back up the database as regularly as possible.
Refer to Backup with Informix.
2. You manage the space in your database. You do this both before you start production with the database and later as the database grows.
Refer to Space Management with Informix.
3. You recover your database if a failure occurs with data loss.
Refer to Recovery with Informix.
4. You upgrade your database when required.
Refer to Upgrade with Informix.
5. You consider using various tools and services offered as standard by SAP to increase the availability of your database:
Ў SAP Safeguarding, including GoingLive and EarlyWatch
6. You consider using advanced products and services to increase the availability of your database:
7. You review your procedures to increase the availability of your database. Refer to Procedures at Your Site for High Availability.
Your Informix database is more available for production use.
For more information on Informix products, see the Internet address: