The Organizational Management component enables you to:
1. Depict the organizational and reporting structures in your company as well as your current organizational plan.
2. Analyze your current organizational plan according to the evaluation paths of your choice, and, based on this, to plan workforce requirements and personnel costs
3. Create additional organizational plans as planning scenarios in order to simulate new structures in the context of business process reengineering
4. Create effective workflow management through access to the reporting structure.
Organizational Management’s object-oriented design provides you with a number of organizational objects with which you create organizational plans.
At the center of an organizational plan are organizational units (departments, for example) arranged in a hierarchy that mirrors the structure of your enterprise. Other organizational units such as positions (sales administrator, for example) depict your enterprise’s reporting structure. Objects such as jobs, tasks, and work centers are the building blocks of your organizational plan.
By relating objects via relationships, you create a network that mirrors your organizational and reporting structures. In addition to this, you can create relationships to objects from other components (cost center, employee or user, for example).
This functional organizational plan differs from the administrative enterprise structure and the personnel structure whose elements are relevant to Payroll Acccounting (company code, personnel subarea or employee group, for example). These structures are found in their corresponding components.
These functional and administrative structures come into contact if a person is assigned to an organizational plan (as the holder of a position) as well as an enterprise or personnel structure (that is, to a personnel subarea etc.).
Organizational Management is the basis for additional Personnel Planning and Personnel Development components and functions as well as for SAP Business Workflow. The fact that these components can be integrated should be taken into account when you are installing them.
· Organizational Management comprises of two subcomponents with which you can create and maintain organizational plans:
Ў Organizational Plan (BC-BMT-OM-OM)
Ў Structural Graphics (BC-BMT-OM-GRF)
· Installing Organizational Management enables you to use the following components from Personnel Planning and Personnel Development effectively:
Ў Personnel Development (PA-PD)
Ў Recruitment (PA-RC)
Ў Compensation Management (PA-CM)
Ў Personnel Cost Planning (PA-CM-CP)
Ў Training and Event Management (PE)
· Organizational Management also has interfaces to the following components:
Ў Shift Planning (PT-SP)
Ў Capacity Planning (PP-CRP)
Ў Personnel Administration (PA-PA)
Ў Human Resources Information Systems (PA-IS)
· Organizational Management also forms the basis for SAP Business Workflow (BC-BMT-WFM). The organizational plan you create forms the framework for a routing structure that SAP Business Workflow uses to assign tasks to an employee.
Both Organizational Management and SAP Business Workflow are components of Business Management (BC-BMT).
The subcomponents of Organizational Management offer the following tools with which you can create and maintain an organizational plan for your enterprise:
This tool allows you create organizational objects quickly and easily as well as relate them to an organizational plan. Your organizational plan is presented in a tree structure, which enables you to maintain it according to your requirements.
Using this tool, you can create and process individual organizational objects and the relationships between them. You can also create, maintain or display additional attributes and characteristics for the objects.
Using this tool, you can display and maintain your organizational object graphically. It enables you, for example, to move objects around inside structures. Procedures for working with objects are simplified in structural graphics. However, not all of the functions are available. You can access other functions from structural graphics.
· Planning and Evaluation Tools
Using plan versions, status indicators, validity periods, time constraints and evaluation paths, you can create simulations and reports according to your requirements.