Before you can use memory management with your SAP system, you have to make sure that your system fulfills the following prerequisites:
· The free auxiliary storage does not fall below a specified level.
· You have installed additional main memory, if necessary.
· The data system offers enough space for mapping the extended memory.
· The operating system parameters are set correctly.
For detailed information about prerequisites for free auxiliary storage, see Swap Space Requirements.
For information about changes to kernel parameters, and about software prerequisites and the hardware requirements, refer to the following documentation:
· If you are installing an SAP system, see the installation documentation of the corresponding release.
· If you are upgrading an SAP system, see the upgrade documentation of the corresponding release.
For more information, see the SAP Notes for installation and upgrade.