The Windows file cache directly competes with SAP programs for physical memory by pushing them out of the memory. Therefore, you should minimize the file cache as described below.
1. Choose Start ® Settings ® Control Panel ® System.
2. Under System Properties, choose Advanced ® Performance ® Settings.
3. Under Performance Options, choose Advanced.
4. For Processor Scheduling: Adjust for best performance of, choose Background services.
5. For Memory Usage: Adjust for best performance of, choose Programs.
6. Confirm your entries with OK.
1. Choose Start ® Settings ® Control Panel ® Network and Dial-up Connections.
2. In the Network and Dial-up connections dialog box, double-click Local Area Connections.
3. In the Local Area Connection Status dialog box, choose Properties.
4. In the Local Area Connection Properties dialog box, double-click File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks.
If you cannot select File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks,
this option has not yet been installed. To install it, you need the Windows Server CDs.
5. Select Maximize data throughput for network applications.
6. To confirm your entries, choose OK.