You can create a print file in your Microsoft Windows system from the application data of the SAP spool system.
· You must have created a printer under Microsoft Windows with the port FILE.
· SAPlpd must be installed
· You must define an output device for printing to a file in the SAP system.
1. The user triggers a print function, for example by choosing , and the print window appears.
2. The user enters the name of an output device in this print window that is to be used for printing to a file.
The printer that is defined in Microsoft Windows with the FILE port must be entered in the device definition of this output device as the host printer.
3. The system converts the data stream and passes it to the host spool system.
4. A window appears for the user, in which he or she can enter the path under which the print file is to be stored.
If you want to create a PDF file when printing to a file, note the following constraints:
· PDF conversion does not support any true bar codes
· PDF conversion, especially of ABAP lists, is slower than the print formatting using traditional device types. We therefore recommend that you do not use PDF for mass printing. However, you can speed up the conversion to PDF using the FASTLISTCONV option in report RSTXPDF3.
· The font selection for ABAP lists is predefined in the PDF converter and cannot be changed.
For more information about constraints, see SAP Note 323736 in the SAP Service Marketplace.