Before you create an InfoSet, you must first discuss with the appropriate application department the requirements that the InfoSet is going to have to meet.
Clarify the following points:
- Which data source corresponds to the requirements?
- For example: Material reports in Materials Management
- Document reports in Financial Accounting
- Which fields do you need to include in the InfoSet?
- Do you need additional information that is not available in the data source? (This means you are going to have to connect additional tables and the definitions of additional fields.)
- Do you need parameters and selection criteria? (Parameters and selection criteria appear on the selection screens of queries that are created using the InfoSet).
- Do you need to include any particular measures such as access protection?
- Do you need to be able to change the long texts and headers for the selected fields?
The data source that you choose determines which reports you are able to generate using this InfoSet.
The usual issues are less important, since you can add these components to an existing InfoSet at any time.